Thursday, May 7, 2009

Final Project Introduction

As I write this paper, I think to myself “I’ve got one left in me” as a graduating senior of MSU. More importantly I consider the true depth of knowledge I’ve gained from this class and this assignment as I embark on my career as an educator.

For my TE448 project, I decided to focus on individuals with disabilities in quality literature. As a future educator, whether teaching all students or teaching students with disabilities, I want to have an open voice for all children in my classroom. I want a diverse range of literature in my classroom for a diverse population of students. Above all, I want inclusion for all students present in my classroom. In doing so my students will be able to learn about individuals like them self and not like themselves in the same sense. As this course has taught me throughout the semester it is important for children to learn from literature and to be given that opportunity to learn. Students need rich, quality literature from an insider or outsider point of view in order to be able to relate to characters in the text or learn from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment